For the beer lovers, their passion for the drink goes beyond the liquid itself.Spending time talking with friends about the latest news, the opposite sex, a favorite sport, or the last great party or just about anything that catches one’s fancy at that moment is always better while sipping a favorite beer.
What are Essential Oils?
It may surprise you to know that essential oils are technically not oils at all. They are actually plant-compounds distilled from various plant parts, such as flowers, roots, leaves, and bark. Among the first people to use essential oils were ancient Egyptians. They used it as part of their medical practice, food preparations, and beauty treatment.
Rene-Maurice Gattefosse, popularly referred to as the father of modern aromatherapy,discovered the virtues of essential oils of lavender. In 1910, the French chemist was able to heal a bad hand burn with pure lavender oil. This prompted him to further investigate other potential uses of essential oils.
Where to Buy Essential Oils
Essential oils are becoming more popular, so you can find them in many places. However,Amazon has some of the top essential oils vendors for easy shopping.Some examplesof essential oil you can find on Amazon are:
Where to Buy
Sweet Orange in a 4oz glass essential oil bottle. Comes with pipette for your convenience.
Lavender is one of the world’s most popular essential oils, and rightly so. Plant Therapy’s 100% Pure Lavender Essential Oil is made from lavender grown at a high, pristine elevation over 3,500 feet, creating a highly exotic and complex lavender oil.
Tea tree oil
100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Tea Tree 10ml Essential Oil. Botanical Name: Melaleuca alternifolia.
Eucalyptus oil remains a favorite among aromatherapists and casual users alike, based on its strong woody and medicinal aroma.
Essential Oils Supplies for Beginners
Diffusers: there are different methods of diffusing essential oils and many options for essential oil diffusers are available. However, you can find four main types of essential oil diffusers on the market, these include:
- Nebulizing Diffusers: these are usually seen as the best kind of diffusers for several reasons. They contain no plastic and do not require water and heat. Apart from their ease of use, nebulizing essential oil diffusers distribute the product effectively. Examples of Nebulizing diffusers include Nebulizer Diffuser for Essential Oil Aromatherapy by Two Scents and Nebulizing Pure Essential Oil Diffuser by Evoon.
- Ultrasonic Diffusers: they work by using electronic frequencies to create ultrasonic vibrations that break up the essential oil molecules for distribution. These types of diffusers use a mixture of essential oil and water. You will need to dilute the essential oil when using it. Since essential oil is corrosive to plastic, Ultrasonic diffusers require regular cleaning to keep them running smoothly. Examples of Ultrasonic diffusers are ASAKUKI 500ml Premium, Essential Oil Diffuser – 5 In 1 Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Fragrant Oil Vaporizer Humidifier and InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser.
- Evaporating Diffusers: these evaporative essential oil diffusers release the product into the air with the aid of a fan,turning the product from liquid to gas. These types of diffusers are usually less expensive compared to the other types and are ideal for those who want to have a feel of freshness occasionally. An example is the Pure Guardian Evaporative Travel USB Aroma Diffuser by Guardian Technologies. You can use this PureGuardian Diffuser in your car, with your computer, at home, or at the office. Another example is the Ultrasonic Faux Wood Essential Oil Diffuser by NOW Foods.
- Heat Diffusers: as the name implies, these diffusers use heat to release the essential oils. Although inexpensive and noiseless, they can alter the chemical composition of your oils when heated to a high temperature. Lower heat levels can keep things subtle with little change to the compounds and still help your home smell nice. One classic example is the Ceramic Essential Oil Burner By Jinvun.
Where to Buy
The Essential oil glass bottle is made of corrosion-resistant glass which makes it thick, smooth and anti-shock. The oil bottle protects essential oil against harmful UV rays to save it from quick volatilization.
Our Eye Droppers are great for getting exactly one drop of oil at a time. These also offer some unique advantages over the traditionally available droppers.
Protects against degradation from ultraviolet light and keeps your essential oils safe plus the glass is not affected by strong oils like citrus. BPA and LEAD FREE.
Rollers: For ease of applying to the skin, a mix of 5ml and 10ml rollers are usually preferable. Hereis a good one PrettyCare Official rollers.
Droppers: Here’s a 6 screw set of doTerra bottles dropper for easy dispensing.
Spay Bottles: This Amber Glass Spray Bottle is just perfect to cover a larger area.
Carrier Oils: Vegetable-based oils for mixing with essential oils and can be applied topically to your skin. This Fractionated Coconut Carrier Oil provides a great mix.
How to Use Essential Oils
Basically, you can use essential oils in three different ways: Aromatically, Topically or Dietary.
- Aromatically/diffusing essential oils: for beginners, the easiest way to use essential oils is aromatically. You may have heard of Essential Oil Diffusers. If you haven’t, then check out this guide,Essential Oils for Beginners. Using essential oils diffuser or for aromatherapy simply imply just inhaling the essential oils. As a beginner, this is the best way to use essential oils because it is simple and quick. Aside from that, it also helps your house to smell nice.
When starting out with essential oils, most people prefer using it aromatically, and when they are comfortable with it, then they move on to the other two methods, which are topically and dietary.
- Topically/applying essential oils to the skin: another easy way for beginners to use essential oils is to apply them topically. You can do this by using rollerballs. The rollerball is a glass container with a roller top as cover, containing a mixture of essential oil and carrier oil. Like we mentioned before, carrier oils are vegetable-based oils that are used in diluting essential oils.They include coconut, grapeseed, or any other vegetable oils. If you plan on using on children, it is very important you dilute the essential oil.
- Dietary essential oils: it simply means ingesting essential oils with the aid of water, food, or vegetable capsule. Ingesting essential oils is a controversial topic. Different people have different views about it. We, therefore, encourage you to do your research regarding ingesting essential oils and decide if it is something you want to try – that is if you’re comfortable with it. If you decide to try, please only use oils that are labeled safe for ingestion.
Helpful Essential Oils Books
The following are some helpful essential oil books for different users.
Where to Buy
Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils
This compact reference guide cuts to the “quick” on how to use essential oils to support health and well-being. It’s big enough to address any need yet small enough to carry with you.
DIY Aromatherapy is your ultimate step-by-step guide to create simple yet powerful, aromatherapy blends that restore health, beautify, and cleanse-all while keeping money in your pocket.
Essential Oils for Beginners
For centuries, essential oils have been known to possess natural healing powers—but even natural remedies can cause harm if not used correctly.
In addition, the book contains an introduction to Young Living therapeutic-grade essential oils and applications and provides safety information and a section on discerning the quality of essential oils.
Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oilss: Quick Reference Guide for Using Essential Oils by Connie & Alan Higley – highly recommended for beginners.
DIY Aromatherapy: DIY Aromatherapy Over 130 Affordable Essential Oils Blends for Health, Beauty, and Home by Rockridge Press
Essential Oils for Beginners: Essential Oils for Beginners The Guide to Get Started with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Althea Press.
Gentle Babies: Gentle Babies Essential Oils and Natural Remedies for Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infants and Young Children by Debra Raybern.
Essential Oils for Dogs: Essential Oils for Dogs Easy and Safe Essential Oil Recipes to Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy by Sarah Moore.
There is no doubt that essential oils have powerful and wonderful uses. With sound knowledge and some high-quality essential oils at your fingertips, you can make several homemade products with therapeutic benefits. We, however, encourage you to do your research and make informed choices.